Servicing Forsyth County and surrounding areas
The C.A.R.E. Program
Creating Access to Relationship Enhancement
- Crisis Intervention
- Safety Planning
- Needs Assessment
- Case Management
- Referrals to additional support services
- Support groups for victims of domestic abuse, including rape and sexual abuse, incest, child abuse (accompanied by non-offending parent), for those grieving the loss of a domestic violence homicide victim, as well as families and friends of victims, which will help them address their own reactions to victimization, and more effectively support the victim.
Voice for Children &
Nurturing Families (VCNF)
in partnership with A Voice for Children
Counseling services for individuals and families who have been victims of domestic crimes and abuse.
- Creating a safe space for clients to be active participants in their treatment by empowering them to regain a sense of control over their lives that is often lost due to trauma.
- Mental health services designed to meet each individual’s needs.
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Sexual Harm Treatment
- Grief Counseling
- Substance Abuse
- Play Therapy
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
Ready to Work and Financial Literacy Program
- Provides survivors with assistance in career planning, resumé writing, job interviewing skill-building, and up-to-date computer skill training.
- Our partnerships with employers and educational institutions in the community often provide career opportunities to victims looking for employment or to further their education.
- Our community partnership with Truliant Federal Credit Union and Truist Financial offers an opportunity for those from our community to be educated on credit building, owning a home, how to make their money work for them, preparing for the next financial crisis, and how to make sound financial future investments.
- Our Victim Advocate staff is available to provide FREE court advocacy services tailored to unique individual needs to help domestic violence victims navigate the complicated civil and criminal justice systems of Forsyth County, including:
- Juvenile Court
- Domestic Violence Courts (50-B DVPO & Criminal District Courts), and other family law courts.
- We work to ensure victim safety before, during, and after court proceedings, advocate for due process for all victims, and help reduce victims’ anxiety.
District Criminal Court Mediation
- We facilitate mediation between parties in a dispute.
- A neutral environment is created for all parties to share their voice and, hopefully, a settlement.
Supervised Child Visitation
Our sister agency, Community Intervention & Educational Services, offers supervised visitation services.
- Staff members are trained to supervise family interaction and create a positive environment for relationship-building between parents and children.
- This service can also be offered through A Voice for Children & Nurturing Families, for those cases that require therapy along with visitation. Please visit Community Intervention & Educational Services or A Voice for Children & Nurturing Families for more information.
Nurturing Parenting Programs
The Nurturing Parenting Programs are family-centered trauma-informed initiatives designed to build nurturing parenting skills as an alternative to abusive and neglecting parenting and child-rearing practices.
The long term goals are to:
- Prevent recidivism in families receiving social services
- Lower the rate of multi-parent and teenage pregnancies
- Reduce the rate of juvenile delinquency and alcohol abuse
- Stop the inter-generational cycle of child abuse by teaching positive parenting behaviors
The Nurturing Programs target all families at risk for abuse and neglect with children birth to 18 years. The programs have been adapted for special populations, including Hmong families, Military families, Hispanic families, African-American families, Teen Parents, Foster and Adoptive Families, Families in Alcohol Treatment and Recovery, Parents with Special Learning Needs, and Families with Children with Health Challenges.
Because every family may require different needs, please contact our office for more details.