Community Resources

Winston-Salem/Forsyth County District Attorney’s Office

This is the primary resource in Forsyth County for victims of domestic violence.

Winston-Salem Police Department Victim Crime Unit

Please feel free to contact the VAU:
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Forsyth County Department of Social Services

Project Reentry

Next Step Ministries

Domestic Violence Victim Safe Place
(336) 413-585824 Hour Crisis Line

Legal Aid of Northwest North Carolina

North Carolina Victim Assistance Network

This is the state resource for individuals and families affected by homicide and other violent crimes.

Additional Community Resources

Forsyth County Salvation Army
(336) 723-6366

Winston-Salem Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP)
(336) 727-2850

Centenary United Methodist Church
646 W Fifth Street, Winston Salem, NC 27101
(336) 724-6311

Kernersville-East Forsyth Emergency Assistance
431 West Bodenhamer Street, Kernersville, North Carolina 27284-2502
(336) 996-5401

Experiment in Self-Reliance
(336) 722-9400

Sunnyside Ministry of the Moravian Church
(336) 724-7558

St. Peter's Family Support Program
3643 Old Lexington Road, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27107
(336) 784-1887

King Outreach Ministry
(336) 983-4357

Winston-Salem Urban League

AGAPE Care and Share
(336) 744-4004

Bridges Church
(336) 782-2253

Christ Rescue Temple food pantry
(336) 722-9841

New Jerusalem Church
(336) 723-9743

Morris Chapel
(336) 595-8101

Hispanic Clinic, Novant Health
(336) 718-5000

Programs for free health care

Low income families and people who lack insurance may qualify for free health care programs. Resources are offered by a variety of public and private organizations across the country. Many providers, doctors, pharmaceutical companies, government agencies, hospitals and non-profits offer free or very low cost medical care programs. This can include vision care, dental services, and more. Find free health care programs.

Clinics provide free health or dental care to those who qualifyState, county, and local medical clinics and providers will provide free services, including dental and mental health. Many of the locations are also federal government qualified locations.